Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Day in the Park

There's something soothing about sitting on a park bench, watching the Canadian Geese bathe themselves and talk amongst each other. I sit off in the distance soaking in the rays of the sun; I peer over at a family sitting on a nearby bench, a son playing ball with his papa, laughing and laughing when he drops the ball. Another small family sits upon a blanket at the grass's edge, long enough to have a snack, then they pack up and walk to the playground. I look up into the sky, take a long drink of the sun. I'm ready to leave the bench and get up close with the geese. I sit on a rock near the water, take photos; utter relaxation and enjoyment wash over me watching these creatures with their warm chocolate coat of feathers, beautiful black faces, and long graceful necks. These creatures that I hear on occasion fly by my window–the familiar deep honk of the Canadian Goose.











3 comments:

Ryan said...

Nice pics. Just curious where you live that it's so nice already.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This sounds like an absolutely perfect day to me :)

Rebb said...

Thanks, Ryan. I live in California, near San Francisco. Even on cool days, it's been very springlike.

Keith, It really was a perfect day. I'll need to be sure to have more of them!

: )