Friday, December 13, 2013

Journal ~ A Quote

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
–Ralph Waldo Emerson


When I first came across this quote, it was love at first sight. Every time I re-read this quote it puts life into perspective. It reaffirms where I'm at and the many times that I am able to appreciate all the moments–not the things–but the moments, the experiences, and memories, that combine to make up this thing we call life. It reaffirms what I hold dear to my heart and makes me realize how grateful that I feel for being able to experience life in the simplest ways. It makes me happy that I've worked through my anger at different points in life, and that even when I'm frustrated and want to give up, I keep pushing forward with a smile on my face, trying to find light and balance within the darkness.

12 comments:

Ryan said...

The only moment I've got is now. I strive to make every one count, every conversation, every word I utter. I'm human and make mistakes but there's nothing wrong with trying to be better.

Good quote, and post.

The Purple Assassin. said...

True pursuit.
Literally, if put into actions there's nothing better than that. though it's pretty hard.

Beautiful post.

x

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Emerson's quotes really make us think don't they? He was an amazing soul. This quote really speaks volumes about appreciating every day that we have on this earth.

keiko amano said...

That's a good quote and photo. And I love your profile photo.

Rebb said...

Glad you all enjoyed the quote. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. :)

Keiko, It's been a while...nice to see you. :)

AVY said...

I know I need to make every day count but it takes too much energy that I don't have. Not now.

/Avy

http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

ZACL said...

I read the quote twice to 'suck' out its subtlety and general meaning. It does have a certain profundity. It beats a lot of the designer self-help publications.

Rebb said...

Avy, When you're ready and have more energy to spare, I'm sure you will be able to. At least you know where you're at.

p.s. Avy is such a pretty name. :)

Rebb said...

ZACL, I can see what you mean about how the self-help publications ring with this quote. Though, I prefer to take the quote on its own.

ZACL said...

I couldn't agree more, Rebb.

We had skies like the one shown in your picture, mid November. It was a stunning show.

Ashok said...

Beautiful picture Rebb, and lovely words to accompany. Truly to be contented with what we have on any given day of our lives is the key to happiness.

Rebb said...

Hi Ashok, Nice to see you. The sky was looking mighty picturesque that day. True...each day, each moment holds a gift of some sort. : )