Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Journaling - An e-book

A few days ago, after reaching the end of a sample Kindle copy of One Zentangle a Day: A 6-Week Course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun by Beckah Krahula, I came across another Kindle book: 101+ Creative Journaling Prompts: Inspiration for Journaling and an Introduction to Art Journaling by Kristal Norton. The cost was .99 cents, so after previewing the sample and reading the reviews, I thought, Why not?

There are countless writing prompt websites and books, yes, and I own another writing prompt e-book that it too cumbersome--to many prompts--and I have several writing prompt Apps, but there was something manageable, clean, and simple about this one. I like that it has an art journaling section to incorporate that doodling side of a journaler, and the way that Kristal Norton has organized the prompts speaks to me and heightens my curiosity:

Hopes, Dreams, & Goals
Life's Moments
Being You
Personal Growth
Story Telling
Finish the Sentence

Art Prompts

Bonus Material

It's unusual for me not to skip ahead and jump around any book. With this one, I've decided to use each prompt in order, each day, and incorporate the prompts into my daily morning pages. So far I have viewed and typed the question of the day before I start morning pages, and then when I've gotten out all that needs to be vented or shared into my personal pages, I get down to the question.

It ends up being a continuation of morning pages that leads me where, I never know until I've worked it out, typed it out, gone back and forth about the question. So far the questions aren't especially unique and I've only just begun, but the questions are thoughtful. I feel that much care has gone into this Kindle e-book.

That I'm engaged, and have made a commitment to myself to keep at a question a day for the next 105+ days, feels great because not only will I explore an interesting prompt, I will also be sure to show up for morning pages each day because the prompt will be the hinge that keeps me showing up on the page.

Today's prompt: What is your wildest dream?

Happy Day, Happy Writing...

Here's the Amazon link to the e-book:
http://www.amazon.com/101-Creative-Journaling-Prompts-ebook/dp/B00AFCYSE2

No comments: