Friday, September 7, 2012

Quote of the Day 2013 by Rylee Gallagher and Reed Gallagher

One of my favorite Kindle blogs is, Michael Gallagher’s “Free Kindle Books and Tips [Kindle Edition].” It’s ninety-nine cents (.99) per month. There have been a variety of great free books that I have downloaded for free that later went to full price. Sometimes I don’t see any books I’m interested in for a few days. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed reading what Michael has to say and seeing and reading about the books he chooses to share. I’ve never personally emailed him to tell him how much I enjoy his blog; this is my way of sharing my appreciation, and perhaps I’ll drop him an email to let him now how much I like his blog. I’ve been a subscriber ever since I purchased my Kindle. I think it’s been at least a year and a half.

You can also view his website, with the same content, at no cost at http://www.fkbooksandtips.com/

Recently when I read his blog, he let his readers know that his kids, Rylee and Reed put a book of quotes together that they hand selected and published, with the help of their dad, on Amazon Kindle. It’s called Quote of the Day 2013 by Rylee Gallagher and Reed Gallagher. The cost is $2.99. They have put this book together to earn money to pay for their school’s trip to Washington, D.C. for spring break 2013. Rylee is in junior high and Reed is in middle school. I purchased the book in hopes that they reach their goal and I appreciated that they took the time to put this together and were creative in their efforts to help pay for their trip in 2013. Good luck to them!

Each page in the quote book has just one quote. I’ve enjoyed the quotes I’ve read so far. Many gems. This quote below has me thinking about my life path:

“It’s a funny thing about life: If you refuse to accept something but the best, you very often get it.”
—W. Somerset Maugham

One more that screams at me, YES! is this one:

“When one door is shut, another opens.”
—Miguel De Cervantes

That’s just a small taste of the quotes that you will find in this collection that Rylee and Reed put together. You can visit the Amazon product page here.

Happy Friday!

No comments: